PIC32 is a series of MIPS32-based PIC microcontrollers made by Microchip. While some of these could probably run specialized operating systems such as µCLinux, most PIC32 SOCs are lacking the RAM, FLASH or TLB resources required to run a normal Linux kernel. This makes the PIC32MZDA the first and currently only PIC32 capable of running Linux. Partial support is available since Linux v4.5.
- http://www.microchip.com/DevelopmentTools/ProductDetails.aspx?PartNO=DM320008 PIC32MZDA Starter Kit
- https://www.microchip.com/pressreleasepage/microchip-introduces-PIC32MZDA Microchip's PIC32 MZDA announcement
- http://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/en/PIC32MZ1025DAA169 PIC32MZDA datasheets
- http://www.microchip.com/DevelopmentTools/ProductDetails.aspx?PartNO=DM320005-5 Multimedia Expansion Board II
- http://www.microchip.com/ParamChartSearch/chart.aspx?branchID=30071 PIC32MZ DA products