Difference between revisions of "Disk Volume Header"
From LinuxMIPSJump to navigationJump to search
(Add to SOC category)
m (SGI Category)
|Line 19:||Line 19:|
Revision as of 10:58, 18 October 2010
- Partition 0 - Root Filesystem partition.
- Partition 1 - Swap partition.
- Partition 7 - Volume Body partition.
- Partition 8 - Volume Header partition.
- Partition 10 - Whole Disk partition.
The Volume Header partition must start at the first sector on the disk. It contains the disk label in the first sector, and a rudimentary filesystem (readable by the PROM Monitor) in the rest of the partition.