Alchemy Semiconductor has been acquired by AMD in 2002, which recently (summer 2006) sold the Alchemy processor line to Raza Microelectronics, Inc.
Devices based on the Alchemy
- 4G Systems mtx-1 (MeshCube)
- Embedded Planet EP1000
- Mechatronic Brick mb1100
- mycable XXS1500 (Au1550), XXSwireless (Au1550)
- Bright Star Engineering picoEngine 400 MHz Au1100
Personal Media Players
Wast majority of this devices are based on the RMI Alchemyâ„¢ Au1200â„¢ Personal Media Player Reference Design
- FIC Vassili Personal Media Player uses 400 MHz Au1200 Processor
- Hyon Xent X3: Alchemy Au1200 500MHz, 32Mb NOR FLASH, 128Mb DDR2 SDRAM, 800x480 WVGA TouchScreen, USB OTG, GPS SiRFstarIII, WinCE 5.0
- Cowon iAudio N2: 7-inch WQVGA (480Ñ…234), Alchemy 500MHz, 128Mb DDR2 SDRAM, 32Mb FLASH, 2xSD, USB OTG, GPS SiRFstarIII, WinCE 5.0
- Cowon Q5: Alchemy Au1200 500MHz, 64Mb NOR FLASH, 128Mb DDR2 SDRAM, WinCE 5.0 Professional
- Curon QCOX: Alchemy Au1200 500MHz, 128Mb DDR2, 3.4-inch (480x272), 30Gb, WinCE 5.0
- Digital Cube i-Station M43: Alchemy Au1250, 4.3-inch WQVGA 480x272 touchscreen display, 30..60Gb GDD
- Digital Cube i-Station T7: Alchemy Au1250, 7-inch 800x480, SD, SIRF III GPS, 30Gb HDD
- Tinnos Blufin op67N, PMP and PDA in one. Includes 30 GB hard drive, 128MB of RAM, 4.3-inch color LCD (480x272), OtG USB, SD slot, integrated 2 megapixel camera and an Au1200 processor.
- Samsung LMD10A-51W mobile Digital Multimedia Broadcast TV (DMB-TV) player, Au1200, 10-inch WVGA (800x480) screen. Linux 2.6.
- Samsung SPF-71V Digital Photo Frame (Au1200, WindowsCE )
- Sophia Mobile nani: Alchemy Au1250 600MHz, 4.3-inch WVGA (800x480), MicroSD
- Episodic Media Inc. Viliv P2: Alchemy 400Mhz, 128Mb DDR2, WQVGA (480x272px) 4.3-inch, USB 2.0 OTG, 30..60Gb HDD, Window CE 5.0 / Linux Qtopia
- Xroad V7: Alchemy Au1200 500MHz, 128Mb DDR, 7-inch 800x480, SD slot
By default the YAMON bootloader only enables the UARTs it is using, two at max. For Au1100/1550 only UART0 and UART3 are enabled, leaving UART1 non-functional. You can simply edit the reset source file named arch/init/reset_<name of your platform>.c to enable it. Check for the uart_enable register (Offset=0x0100 from the base address) in the databook. After you've enabled it, the Linux kernel serial driver is able to detect it.
- http://www.razamicroelectronics.com/products_alchemy/ RMI's product page
- AMD spins off Alchemy processor line article @Linuxdevices