Alchemy Semiconductor was acquired by AMD in 2002, which in Summer 2006 sold the Alchemy processor line to Raza Microelectronics, Inc. In December 2007, Raza Microelectronics changed its name to RMI, Inc.
Devices based on the Alchemy SoCs
- 4G Systems mtx-1 (MeshCube)
- Embedded Planet EP1000
- Huaheng Technology HHAU1210-R1 embedded Linux development board: AU1210 400MHz
- Mechatronic Brick mb1100
- mycable XXS1500 (Au1550), XXSwireless (Au1550)
- Bright Star Engineering picoEngine 400 MHz Au1100
Personal Media Players/GPS devices
Vast majority of this devices are based on the RMI Alchemyâ„¢ Au1200â„¢ Personal Media Player Reference Design
- Athena EPIC Embedded Media Player evaluation board: Au1200 500MHz, 128Mbyte DDR DRAM, 64Mbyte FLASH
- FIC Vassili Personal Media Player uses 400 MHz Au1200 Processor
- Hyon Xent X3: Alchemy Au1200 500MHz, 32Mb NOR FLASH, 128Mb DDR2 SDRAM, 800x480 WVGA TouchScreen, USB OTG, GPS SiRFstarIII, WinCE 5.0
- Cowon iAudio N2: 7-inch WQVGA (480Ñ…234), Alchemy 500MHz, 128Mb DDR2 SDRAM, 32Mb FLASH, 2xSD, USB OTG, GPS SiRFstarIII, WinCE 5.0
- Cowon Q5: Alchemy Au1200 500MHz, 64Mb NOR FLASH, 128Mb DDR2 SDRAM, WinCE 5.0 Professional
- Curon QCOX: Alchemy Au1200 500MHz, 128Mb DDR2, 3.4-inch (480x272), 30Gb, WinCE 5.0
- Digital Cube i-Station M43: Alchemy Au1250, 4.3-inch WQVGA 480x272 touchscreen display, 30..60Gb GDD
- Digital Cube i-Station T7: Alchemy Au1250, 7-inch 800x480, SD, SIRF III GPS, 30Gb HDD
- LG Electronics LN 790 Portable Navigation Device With Multimedia Capabilities: Au1200, 4.3-inch WQVGA 480x272, USB, Bluetooth, SD Card
- Tinnos Blufin op67N, PMP and PDA in one. Includes 30 GB hard drive, 128MB of RAM, 4.3-inch color LCD (480x272), OtG USB, SD slot, integrated 2 megapixel camera and an Au1200 processor.
- Samsung LMD10A-51W mobile Digital Multimedia Broadcast TV (DMB-TV) player, Au1200, 10-inch WVGA (800x480) screen. Linux 2.6.
- Samsung SPF-71V Digital Photo Frame (Au1200, WindowsCE )
- Sophia Mobile nani: Alchemy Au1250 600MHz, 4.3-inch WVGA (800x480), MicroSD, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g
- Episodic Media Inc. Viliv P2: Alchemy 400Mhz, 128Mb DDR2, WQVGA (480x272px) 4.3-inch, USB 2.0 OTG, 30..60Gb HDD, Window CE 5.0 / Linux Qtopia
- Xroad V7: Alchemy Au1200 500MHz, 128Mb DDR, 7-inch 800x480, SD slot
By default the YAMON bootloader only enables the UARTs it is using, two at max. For Au1100/1550 only UART0 and UART3 are enabled, leaving UART1 non-functional. You can simply edit the reset source file named arch/init/reset_<name of your platform>.c to enable it. Check for the uart_enable register (Offset=0x0100 from the base address) in the databook. After you've enabled it, the Linux kernel serial driver is able to detect it.
- http://www.rmicorp.com/products_alchemy/ RMI's product page