The AR5 was not a single-chip solution.
- TNET4310 MIPS32 4Kc
- TNET4320 MIPS32 4Kc
- TNET4400 MIPS32 4Kc
- TNETD5301 MIPS32 4Kc
- TNETD5310 MIPS32 4Kc
- TNETD5320 MIPS32 4Kc
- TNETD7300 MIPS32 4KEc
The Texas Instrument AR7 is the fully integrated single-chip ADSL CPE access router solution. The AR7 combines a MIPS32 processor, a DSP-based digital transceiver, and an ADSL analog front end.
- ADSL PHY subsystem based on TI C62x DSP, with integrated transceiver, codec, line driver, and line receiver
- Integrated high performance MIPS 32-Bit RISC processor
- Integrated IEEE 802.3 PHY
- Two IEEE 802.3 MACs with integrated Media Independent Interface (MII) and Quality of Service (QoS)
- Integrated USB 1.1 compliant transceiver
- Hardware accelerated ATM SAR
- Two VLYNQ interfaces for compatible high-speed expansion devices
- EJTAG, GIPO, UART, and FSER interfaces
- 324 BGA with 1.0-mm ball pitch
The AR7W (TNETD7300) is an AR7 option with a interface for WiFi card.
TI does not provide detailed techical documentation for this SoC. Some details are known from the GPL-ed Linux sources.
Another source is a TI OMAP documentation. It seems, AR7 SoC peripherials is very close to the OMAP16xx and OMAP730 application processors , but MIPS instead ARM9-based.
TI TMS320C62x is a fixed-poind Digital Signal Processor core. C62x is based on the VelociTI VLIW architecture developad by TI. C62x is a member of the TI C6000 family.
TI's VLYNQ is a low power, low pin-count serial communication interface that enables the extension of an internal bus segment to one or more external physical devices. The external devices are mapped into local, physical address space and appears as if they are on the internal bus. The external device must have a VLYNQ interface. The VLYNQ module serializes bus transactions in one device, transfers the serialized data via a VLYNQ port, and de-serializes the transaction in the external device. The VLYNQ interface is described in the TI SPRU768 document.
Devices are based on the Texas Instruments AR7
- Actiontec GT701
- AVM Fritz!Box
- Netgear DG834G
- Aztech DSL600E
- D-link DSL-G604T
- Sinus 154 DSL Basic SE
- Westell WireSpeed 2000 and ProLine 6100
- Efficient Networks, Inc / ENI SpeedStream 5100
- Texas Instrument AR7 ADSL Router SoC