Revision as of 08:25, 13 December 2005 by Alec v (odd link removed)
The MIPS 4K series is MIPS Technologies's low end MIPS32 synthesizable.
- 4Kp core - basic version with iterative multiply and FMT MMU
- 4Km core - 4Kp core plus fast Multiply/Divide Unit
- 4Kc core - 4Km core plus TLB MMU
The 4Kc CPU supports:
- MIPS32 compatible instruction set and priveleged resource architecture
- Instruction and Data watch CP0 registers for software breakpoints
- Separate interrupt exeption vector
- Memory Management Unit
- 16 dual-entry MIPS32 style TLB with variable page sizes
The 4K and 4KE are fully supported.
- Prefetching The use of the pref instruction in Linux.