- 1 Merges
- 2 General Features
- 3 Architectural Support
- 4 Platform Specific
- MIPS for v4.11-rc1 commit range
- MIPS KVM for v4.11-rc1 commit range
- MIPS for v4.11-rc6 commit range
- MIPS for v4.11 commit range
Kernel Virtual Machine (KVM)
- Add GVA->HPA page tables for T&E, to cache GVA mappings commit commit commit commit.
- Generate fast-path TLB refill exception handler which loads host TLB entries from GVA page table, avoiding repeated guest memory translation and guest TLB lookups commit.
- Use uaccess macros when T&E needs to access guest memory, which with GVA page tables and the Linux TLB refill handler improves robustness against TLB faults and fixes EVA hosts commit.
- Use BadInstr/BadInstrP registers when available to obtain instruction encodings after a synchronous trap commit.
- Add GPA->HPA page tables to replace the inflexible linear array, allowing for multiple sparsely arranged memory regions commit.
- Properly implement dirty page logging commit commit commit.
- Add KVM_CAP_SYNC_MMU support so that changes in GPA mappings become effective in guests even if they are already running, allowing for copy-on-write, KSM, idle page tracking, swapping, and guest memory ballooning commit.
- Add KVM_CAP_READONLY_MEM support, so writes to specified memory regions are treated as MMIO commit commit commit.
- Implement proper CP0_EBase support in T&E commit.
- Expose a few more missing CP0 registers to userland commit commit.
- Add KVM_CAP_NR_VCPUS and KVM_CAP_MAX_VCPUS support, and allow up to 8 VCPUs to be created in a VM commit.
Kexec & kdump
- Lots of improvements and fixes
- Add correct copy_regs implementations commit commit
- Add debug logging of new kernel information commit
- Add IRQ stacks commit commit commit
- Add cacheinfo support commit
- Add "uzImage.bin" zboot target commit
- Unify performance counter definitions commit
- Export various (mainly assembly) symbols alongside their definitions commit commit commit commit commit commit commit
- Audit and remove unnecessary uses of module.h commit
- Use Makefile.postlink to insert relocations into vmlinux commit
- Provide plat_post_relocation hook (used for Octeon KASLR) commit
- Add support for tuning mmap randomisation commit
- Relocate DTB commit
- A load of unwind fixes commit commit commit commit commit
- Add some missing .insn to fix link errors commit
- Fix MULTU/MADDU/MSUBU sign extension in r2 emulation commit
- Remove r2_emul_return and use ERETNC unconditionally on MIPSr6 commit
- Allow pre-r6 emulation on SMP MIPSr6 kernels commit
- Treat physically indexed dcache as non-aliasing commit
- Add return errors to protected cache ops for KVM commit
- CM3: Ensure L1 & L2 cache ECC checking matches commit
- CM3: Indicate inclusive caches commit
- I6400: Treat dcache as physically indexed commit
- Ensure bootmem doesn't corrupt reserved memory commit
- Export some TLB exception generation functions for KVM commit
- NULL check initial_boot_params before use in of_scan_flat_dt() commit
- Fix unaligned access in of_alias_scan() commit
- CPS: Don't BUG if a CPU fails to start commit
- Fix longstanding 64-bit IP checksum carry bug commit
- Fix KERN_CONT fallout in cpu-bugs64.c commit and sync-r4k.c commit
- Update defconfigs for NF_CT_PROTO_DCCP, UDPLITE commit, CPU_FREQ_STAT commit, SCSI_DH changes commit
- Disable certain builtin compiler options, stack-check (whole kernel) commit, asynchronous-unwind-tables (VDSO) commit
- A bunch of build fixes from kernelci.org testing
- Various other minor cleanups & corrections
- Migrate interrupts during bmips_cpu_disable commit
- BCM47xx: Add Luxul devices commit
- BCM47xx: Fix Asus WL-500W button inversion commit
- BCM7xxx: Add SPI device nodes commit
- Add kexec DTB passing commit
- Fix big endian commit
- Add cpp_its_S in ksym_dep_filter to silence build warning commit
- Fix duplicate CAC_BASE definition build error commit
- Disable qlge driver to workaround broken compiler commit
- Refresh defconfig and activate more drivers commit commit
- Lock DMA register access commit
- Fix cascading IRQ setup commit
- Fix build of VPE loader commit
- xway: Fix ethernet packet header corruption over reboot commit
- Add watchdog support commit
- 1B: Reduce DEFAULT_MEMSIZE to 64MB commit
- 1B: Change OSC clock name to match rest of kernel commit
- 1C: Remove ARCH_WANT_OPTIONAL_GPIOLIB commit
- Add KASLR support commit commit commit
- Support Octeon III USB controller commit
- Fix large copy_from_user corner case commit
- Enable devtmpfs in defconfig commit
- Fix non-default XLR build error due to netlogic,xlp-pic code commit
- Fix assembler warning from smpboot.S commit
- Fix linker error when early printk is disabled commit
- Support raw appended DTB commit
- Add missing I2C & I2S clocks commit
- Add missing pinmux commit and fix pinmux function name typo commit
- Add missing clk_round_rate() commit
- Clean up prom_init() commit
- MT7621: Set SoC type commit
- MT7621: Support highmem commit
- Modernize printing of kernel messages and resolve KERN_CONT fallout commit
- 7segled: use permission-specific DEVICE_ATTR variants commit