This patch series improves the functions for setting the watchdog
driver for bcm47xx based SoCs using ssb and bcma. This makes the
watchdog driver use the platform device provided by bcma or ssb.
This code is currently based on the linux-watchdog/master tree by
Wim Van Sebroeck.
* Just the parts changing the watchdog driver itself and not ssb or bcma.
* Remove changes done to the watchdog driver so John could pull this
into wireless-testing, this sill works with the old watchdog driver.
The patches changing the watchdog driver will be send later.
This was done to get this into 3.8 because Wim Van Sebroeck is
neither giving an Ack or a Nack on these patches and we want to do
more changes to bcma/ssb on top of these.
* reword some commit messages
* rebase on current wireless-testing/master with
"ssb: extif: fix compile errors" applied on top of it.
* do not change value of WDT_SOFTTIMER_MAX
* moved some small changes in the bcm47xx_wdt.c patches
Hauke Mehrtens (5):
watchdog: bcm47xx_wdt.c: convert to watchdog core api
watchdog: bcm47xx_wdt.c: use platform device
watchdog: bcm47xx_wdt.c: rename ops methods
watchdog: bcm47xx_wdt.c: rename wdt_time to timeout
watchdog: bcm47xx_wdt.c: add hard timer
drivers/watchdog/Kconfig | 1 +
drivers/watchdog/bcm47xx_wdt.c | 339 +++++++++++++++++-----------------------
include/linux/bcm47xx_wdt.h | 9 ++
3 files changed, 154 insertions(+), 195 deletions(-)