On 06-06-2012 1:19, Steven J. Hill wrote:
From: "Steven J. Hill"<email@example.com>
Make headers consistent across the files and make changes based on
running the checkpatch script.
I don't see any checkpatch.pl induced changes.
Signed-off-by: Steven J. Hill<firstname.lastname@example.org>
arch/mips/netlogic/xlr/setup.c | 35 +++++------------------------------
1 file changed, 5 insertions(+), 30 deletions(-)
diff --git a/arch/mips/netlogic/xlr/setup.c b/arch/mips/netlogic/xlr/setup.c
index 113a402..324c071 100644
@@ -1,37 +1,12 @@
+ * This file is subject to the terms and conditions of the GNU General Public
+ * License. See the file "COPYING" in the main directory of this archive
+ * for more details.
You removed the NetLogic license.
* Copyright 2003-2011 NetLogic Microsystems, Inc. (NetLogic). All rights
- * This software is available to you under a choice of one of two
- * licenses. You may choose to be licensed under the terms of the GNU
- * General Public License (GPL) Version 2, available from the file
- * COPYING in the main directory of this source tree, or the NetLogic
- * license below:
- * Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
- * modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
- * are met:
- * 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
- * notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- * 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
- * notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in
- * the documentation and/or other materials provided with the
- * distribution.
- * THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY NETLOGIC ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR
- * IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
- * WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
- * ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL NETLOGIC OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE
- * FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
- * CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF
- * SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR
- * BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY,
- * WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE
- * OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN
- * IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
+ * Copyright (C) 2012 MIPS Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved.
Reshuffling the header is not really a good reason for adding your copyright.