These 3 patches implement ASoC drivers for the AC97 and I2S
controllers found on early Alchemy chips. They are largely
based on the old mips/au1x00.c driver which they replace.
AC97 Tested on a Db1500 development board; I2S untested since none
of the testboards I have actually have an I2S codec (just testpoints).
Changes since V2:
- implemented changes after feedback from Lars-Peter Clausen:
* split patch 1 in two, one for the ASoC drivers, and a separate for
DB1000 machine code.
* get rid of automatic dma device registration
* tidied the I2S/AC97 sources
- mark sound/mips/au1x00.c as DEPRECATED instead of removing it outright.
Changes since V1:
- added untested I2S controller driver for completeness, removed the audio
defines from the au1000 header.
Manuel Lauss (3):
ASoC: Alchemy AC97C/I2SC audio support
ASoC: Add a DB1x00 AC97 machine driver
ALSA: deprecate MIPS AU1X00 AC97 driver
arch/mips/alchemy/devboards/db1x00/platform.c | 48 +++
arch/mips/include/asm/mach-au1x00/au1000.h | 31 --
sound/mips/Kconfig | 5 +-
sound/soc/au1x/Kconfig | 28 ++
sound/soc/au1x/Makefile | 10 +
sound/soc/au1x/ac97c.c | 375 ++++++++++++++++++++++++
sound/soc/au1x/db1000.c | 75 +++++
sound/soc/au1x/dma.c | 381 +++++++++++++++++++++++++
sound/soc/au1x/i2sc.c | 348 ++++++++++++++++++++++
sound/soc/au1x/psc.h | 22 +-
10 files changed, 1282 insertions(+), 41 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 sound/soc/au1x/ac97c.c
create mode 100644 sound/soc/au1x/db1000.c
create mode 100644 sound/soc/au1x/dma.c
create mode 100644 sound/soc/au1x/i2sc.c