Re: OpenSSL/Binutils Issues

Subject: Re: OpenSSL/Binutils Issues
From: Kumba <>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 15:30:46 -0400

It's attached in gzip format, as there was quite a bit of a return. Many assertion fails and invalid symbol indexes.

Let me know if you need anything more.

Thiemo Wrote:
Kumba wrote:
Which builds fine. Then the error hits when attempting to execute the "conftest" executable:

                ./conftest: error while loading shared libraries:
                usr/lib/ unexpected reloc type 0x68

This libcrypto seems to be broken. 0x68 is not a valid MIPS reloc type
at all, and a shared lib should use only R_MIPS_32 (type 2) relocations

Has anyone seen anything like this? My base mips install on my SGI Indigo2 is built using binutils-, which builds everything fine, just doesn't cooperate well with -mips3 or higher options. I'm not sure if this is mips-specific, or if I need to bother the OpenSSL team about it.

It is probably a binutils issue. Can you send the output of
objdump -R usr/lib/ |grep R_MIPS |grep -v