Re: MIPS_ATOMIC_SET again (Re: newest kernel

To: Jun Sun <>
Subject: Re: MIPS_ATOMIC_SET again (Re: newest kernel
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 14:01:09 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: "Kevin D. Kissell" <>,
On Tue, 29 May 2001, Jun Sun wrote:

> I think system V requires _test_and_set() being included in the libsys dynamic
> library.  Does Linux want to be sysv compatible?  If so, we should removed the
> inlined _test_and_set().

 Why should we remove the inlined _test_and_set()?  We do have a number of
other inlined functions in glibc, e.g. memcpy() and friends in
<bits/string.h> (not for MIPS, actually, but for other hosts), yet it does
not make glibc SVR4 incompatible.  Of course we always provide non-inlined
versions of such functions as well -- check with objdump if unsure.

 Note they are *extern* inline.