Re: netbooting indy

To: Kenneth C Barr <kbarr@MIT.EDU>
Subject: Re: netbooting indy
From: Florian Lohoff <>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 10:36:07 +0100
On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 11:39:47PM -0500, Kenneth C Barr wrote:
> 2.  Similar behavior with 3 different ELF kernel images (hardhat,
> vmlinux-indy-2.2.1-990226, and the 2.4.0-test9).  I get the spinning

Ever tried using an ECOFF image ? Some proms cant load elf ..

> 3.  When I specify init=/bin/sh as a parameter, it freezes halfway through
> the kernel download as usual, but on the sniffer, I can see the beginning
> of an NFS conversation.  It looks for /dev/console and then follows
> /bin/sh to bash at which point the SGI starts issuing seemingly malformed
> READ requests.  The NFS server tries to ship it "bash" but the responses
> seemed malformed, too.

This doesnt look like "half way through stop" - This sound like console
setup mismatch - Do you have a Newport GFX Board or something else ? If
something else you have to use Serial Console "console=ttyS0" and
attach a terminal.

Florian Lohoff                     +49-5201-669912