does someone have an idea why electric fence may not work ?
It fails in "Page_Create()" in page.c
* In this version, "startAddr" is a _hint_, not a demand.
* When the memory I map here is contiguous with other
* mappings, the allocator can coalesce the memory from two
* or more mappings into one large contiguous chunk, and thus
* might be able to find a fit that would not otherwise have
* been possible. I could _force_ it to be contiguous by using
* the MMAP_FIXED flag, but I don't want to stomp on memory mappings
* generated by other software, etc.
allocation = (caddr_t) mmap(
Florian Lohoff firstname.lastname@example.org +49-subject-2-change
"Technology is a constant battle between manufacturers producing bigger and
more idiot-proof systems and nature producing bigger and better idiots."