I'm using the kernel that was precompiled, and mentioned on the list
Things I notice about the kernel:
- it crashes occasionally on bootup, saying 'spinning' at the end
- on CAD, it just says "Disabling R4600 SCACHE", and does nothing
- when I'm doing a lot of NFS IO, it says the NFS server has timedout. I
really doubt it, considering the available speed of my NFS server.
Disk problems I'm having:
- occasionally, my mounts will just disappear. One moment I'll have /proc
mounted, the next it'll be gone. It's very difficult to copy filesystems
- /proc/mounts claims that my NFS-root mounted / is rw, but I always get
permission errors when trying to write to it.
- I'm apparantly not intelligent enough to use fx to partition my sdb
correctly. I put it in expert mode, but I simply cannot delete partition
10, the volume. What should the partition table look like from fx's view
point? In Linux, I get:
sdb:Dev 08:10 SGI disklabel: bad magic 000000000
unknown partition table
Thank god for the hidden reset button.
Alex deVries Success is realizing
System Administrator attainable dreams.
The EngSoc Project