The Linux/MIPS TODO list -- volunteers welcome!
This list is split into several parts:
Loader: Bootstrap loader related things.
Kernel: Kernel-related topics, such as drivers needed,
bugs to fix etc.
Crossdev: Cross-compiler and linker related things to do.
Library: Linux/MIPS C Library related topics.
Applications: All user code related things.
Tools: Needed tools, for porting, debugging and so on.
If you think you can do something on Linux/MIPS, first check
what you'd most prefer or what is most suited to you. Then
see below if there is something needed. If you find something
you like to work on, please let us know so that work won't be
done twice. Thanks!
Please send submissions, suggestions etc. directly to me.
1. DECstation 3100/5000 loaders, both for harddisk and network boot.
2. Mips Magnum 3000 and RC3xxx boot loaders
3. Milo: Magnum 4000 and Olivetti M700 video mode detection needed.
4. Milo: Support for new bootinfo item `MACHGROUP' needed.
5: Milo: Add support for Deskstation rPC44.
1. Integrate support for Olivetti M700. Magnum 4000 code can
2. Fix JAZZ SONIC driver
3. Fix TCP/IP and UDP protocol stacks
4. SCSI driver for Magnum 4000, Olivetti M700 and Acer PICA-61
5. Test parallel driver for Magnum 4000, Olivetti M700
and Acer PICA-61
6. Combine interrupt handlers of Acer PICA, Mips Magnum 4000
and Olivetti M700 into a single source file, if possible.
7. Add support for the Deskstation rPC44 interrupt handler.
8. Add support for i386 ISA drivers to the kernel, mostly for
9. Add support for EISA bus on the rPC44.
10. Complete GDB stub for remote debugging.
1. Fix ELF support for target.
2. Provide binary crossdev distribution for ELF- and a.out-based
3. Create instructions for building cross compilers for your
1. Check and debug C library
2. Create shared library
APPLICATIONS (if one can say so at this time :-))
1. Release source and binary of basic apps, such as a shell,
fs tools and other essential programs.
2. Create rootdisk/bootdisk sets for all target machines
1. Check GDB as remote kernel debugger.
2. Fix ELF support in GDB, if necessary.