The list below gives an overview of some missing features in the current Mips port. This list is far from being completed. If you want to undertake one of these items (or perhaps all of them), don't hesitate to ask on the linux-mips mailing list the status or clarification of the point you're interested in.
- Implement a backtracer based on the DWARF debug information
- Implement stack protector
- kexec: add kexec jump support
- Improve non-executable support
- Add latencytop support
- Add code to dump the kernel page tables for visual inspection by kernel developers
- Stacktrace support for lockdep
Binary compat code
The 32-bit binary compat code should be rewritten to use the generic compatibility code in fs/compat_binfmt_elf.c. Brownie points for providing a more elegant N32 compat binfmt as well.
Memory fragmentation permitting modules should be loaded into unmapped space, not vmalloc space. An old patch doing 90% of the work was written by Andrea Arcangeli for 2.4.22 in http://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/andrea/kernels/v2.4/2.4.22aa1/00_module-gfp-7 but now that there is alloc_pages_exact() this would need reimplementation.