The Osprey is NEC's reference design for the Vr4181, originally aiming at the Windows CE market. It comes in a PDA-style, clear plastic case which gives it a geeky, cool look but to be used for development the case and the flash module need to be removed to access all the the debug connectors on the board. It features:
- 240 × 320 Pixel colour TFT display with backlight
- 4 buttons.
- serial port
- audio input / microphone connector
- audio output
- a compact flash socket
- a debug serial port
- a debug EPROM
- a connector for the flash module
- 4-digit 7-segment LED display
- connectors for logic analyzer probes
- an NE2000 software-compatible National Semiconductor DP83905 Ethernet interface
Linux 2.4 and 2.6 support the Osprey.
- http://www.national.com/pf/DP/DP83905.html National Semicoductor's DP83905 homepage