This article is a stub. You can help by
Loongson 2E was designed by ICT (Institute of Computing Technology), a department of The Chinese Academy of Sciences, helped and manufactured by STMicroelectronics.
ST Generic Part Number: STLS2E02
- 64 bit
- 9 pipeline stages
- 4-issue Out-Of-Order Executive
- 2 ALU, 2 FALU, 1 SIMD, 1 Load/Store Units
Cache: 64KB L1 date, 64KB L1 instruction, on-chip 512KB L2.
Clock Frequence: 600MHz - 800MHz.
TDP: 4 Watt at 700MHz
Integrated: DDR-333 memory controller.
ST's Leading Edge 90nm process.
Some new instructions: Allow write to register directly without MFLO or MFHI.
Some new instructions: MADD.[S|D] MSUB.[S|D] NMADD.[S|D] NMSUB.[S|D].
Some new SIMD instructions: simmilar to MMX, using FPU for parallel fix-point arithmetic.
An Executive bit: help OS to protect from buffer-flow attack.
The following 2F is under manufacture(July,2007) which has a higher frequence, an on-chip DDR2 controller and advanced power control technology.
- My CPU is Loongson(Godson)!!! blog
Devices based on this CPU
Loongson 2F is the latest processor in Loongson 2 Family.
No improvements from 2E except following points:
- Higher Clock Frequence: 1.2GHz maximum
- Advanced power control technology: less than 6 Watt under 1GHz in the same 90nm
- Intergrated DDR2 controller
- Intergrated northbridgeï¼šFaster IO with PCIï¼X 66 bus(compared with former PCI bus)
- Smaller Packaging.