The AR531x/231x is a platform by Atheros, which is used for dual-band and single-band 108Mb/s routers and accesspoints. It is also refered as a WiSoC - Wireless System-on-a-Chip, and the radio inside often refered as RoC - Radio-on-a-Chip.
Atheros WiSoC generations/evolution
- AR5001 generation (802.11a only)
- AR5001AP (AR5311 CPU + AR5111 5GHz RoC)
- AR5002 generation (first dual-band designs)
- AR5003 and AR5004 generation (Super-AG technology). The AR5003 got merged into the AR5004. The new WiSoCs are/were in production, but they were not announced.
- AR5005 generation (MIMO technology, onboard AES engine, serial flash)
- AR5007 generation (radical decrease of BOM)
- AR5007AP-G (AR2317)
- Bufallo WER-AM54G54 (AR5002AP-2X)
- D-Link DI-524, at least HW rev C1, but it only has 8MB RAM and 1MB ROM.
- D-Link DWL-2210AP (AR2313)
- D-Link DWL-2100AP (AR5002AP-G : core AR2312@180/240MHz, radio AR2112)
- D-Link DWL-7100AP (AR5002AP-2X)
- D-Link DWL-774 (AR5002AP-2X) (discontinued)
- LevelOne WBR-3405TX : AR2313A and Marvell 88E6060 switch
- Linksys WRT55AG v2 Product Link (AR5002AP-2X)
- Meraki Mini (AR2315) - source available for Meraki's own Linux port
- MicraDigital/Belkin F5D7230 (ver.1020ec) (AR2315A)
- Netgear WGR614v3.
- Netgear WGT624 Product link (AR5002AP-G) (v2 AR5001AP)
- Netgear WG102 (AR2313)
- Senao NL-5354 AP1 Aries2 (AR5002AP-2X)
- Senao NL-3054 AP3 Aries2 (AR2313)
- Siemens SE551 (AR2316)
- Wistron CA8-4/CE8-1 aka Ovislink WLA-5000AP, LinkPro WLT-108AAP, Diswire CAP2/5 (AR5002AP-X)
- Wistron CR8-2 aka LinkPro WLT-108AAR (AR5002AP-2X)
- Smc WEBT-G aka Philips SNR6500 aka Siemens Wlan Repeater 108 (AR2316)
- X-Micro XWL-11GRAG : AR5002AP-G (AR2312A+AR2112) and Marvell 88E6060
OEM dual APs, internally identical:
- TrendNet TEW-510APB Atheros AR5312 SoC 220MHz
- Tonze AW-6660
- SparkLAN WX-7800A
- XtendLan WDAP-1001
and many more.