Alchemy Semiconductor has been acquired by AMD in 2002, which recently (summer 2006) sold the Alchemy processor line to Raza Microelectronics, Inc.
Devices based on the AMD Alchemy
- 4G Systems mtx-1 (MeshCube)
- Embedded Planet EP1000
- FIC Vassili Personal Media Player uses AMD AU1200 Processor 400 MHz
- Mechatronic Brick mb1100
- MyCable XXS-1500
- Bright Star Engineering picoEngine 400MHz Au1100
- Tinnos Blufin, PMP and PDA in one. Includes 30GB hard drive, 128MB of RAM, 4.3-inch color LCD (480Ñ…272) , OtG USB, SD slot, integrated 2 megapixel camera and an AMD Au1200 processor.
- Samsung LMD10A-51W mobile Digital Multimedia Broadcast TV (DMB-TV) player, has a 10-inch WVGA (800x480) screen. Based on the Au1200 and Linux 2.6.
- Samsung SPF-71V Digital Photo Frame (Au1200, WindowsCE )
By default the YAMON bootloader only enables the UART's it is using, two at max. For Au1100/1550 only UART0 and UART3 are enabled, leaving UART1 non-functional. You can simply edit the reset source file named arch/init/reset_<name of your platform>.c to enable it. Check for the uart_enable register (Offset=0x0100 from the base address) in the databook. After you've enabled it, the Linux kernel serial driver is able to detect it.
- http://www.razamicroelectronics.com/products_alchemy/ RMI's product page
- AMD spins off Alchemy processor line article @Linuxdevices