Re: Press/New Reduced Prices For Alpha AXP Microprocessors (fwd)

To: reedv@rpi.edu
Subject: Re: Press/New Reduced Prices For Alpha AXP Microprocessors (fwd)
From: Yanni Jew <yanni@db.toronto.edu>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 1994 00:52:52 -0400
Cc: riscy@sunsite.unc.edu (RISCY mail list)
> It would be helpful to have the spec numbers for each chip to go alongside
> the price. Do you have that info, or can you tell me where to get it?

SPEC numbers only really apply to a complete system,
not a cpu chip. However, there was a chart posted
to comp.arch a few months ago with rough SPEC numbers
for "chips". The chart is a bit long, so I can forward
a copy to anyone interested.

Also, since the DEC press releases were posted to
biz.digital.announce, which some people may not
receive, here's how to get the press releases:

        ftp.digital.com in the /pub/Digital/info/pr-news directory.

-yanni