Re: Ping...

To: Multiple recipients of list <riscy@sunsite.unc.edu>
Subject: Re: Ping...
From: tthorn@daimi.aau.dk (Tommy Thorn)
Date: Mon, 23 May 94 16:07 MET DST
Ever since we gave up building our own riscy board, this forum has
only exchanged info on the various risc option, mostly PowerPC, Alpha
and MIPS. No, we're not dead, we're just waiting for the market to
turn our way, eg. providing us with a sufficiently cheap risc option.

Vince Reed writes:
 >What do you all think about those students porting linux to the powermac?

I wish them the best, but I want to see more than a press release to
believe it. I've read two contraditing announcement so far.

Michael K. Johnson writes:
 > It's fine, but it won't affect me.  Jim Paradis's nascent port to ALPHA
 > excites me a lot more.  If an ALPHA notebook comes out in a year or so
 > that is affordable, and Linux is ported, I know what I'll be
 > getting...

Funny, I've turned (sub)notebook as well. What ever gets me the most
bang for the buck, comes with the right form factor, has a risc (Power,
Alpha, or MIPS) I'll bye.

But the market is still to uncertain.

/Tommy