Re: pong

To: reedv@rpi.edu, riscy@sunsite.unc.edu
Subject: Re: pong
From: Drew Eckhardt <drew@kinglear.cs.Colorado.EDU>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 1994 20:13:20 -0700
--------

    when I ran across one I missed; Winbond inked a deal with HP to produce
    PA-Risc chips with a 486 pinout?!?!

    Comments?

    I'm assuming that if it can plug into a 486 socket, it can use the rest of
    the board, or that some support stuff will be available.

FYI, Toshiba is selling the Tiger Shark chipset which converts the
R4000 bus signals to i486 bus signals on the other side.  In theory,
one could take this and glue a r4000 of some flavor into an affordable
i486 mainboard.

Price $65 in Q10,000, not that that would have any berring on our cost.