Re: pong

To: riscy@sunsite.unc.edu
Subject: Re: pong
From: <reedv@rpi.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 94 21:06:20 EST
> Am I still alive?

Nah, you're just another ghost in the machine :) Maybe this odd piece of info
will spark some life...

I was reading about all the new CPU's on the horizon that I'd heard of

 TFP
 R4X00
 2106X
 X86
 M1
 K5
 6XX

when I ran across one I missed; Winbond inked a deal with HP to produce
PA-Risc chips with a 486 pinout?!?!

Comments?

I'm assuming that if it can plug into a 486 socket, it can use the rest of
the board, or that some support stuff will be available.

How much do they cost anyway? (PA-chips?) I saw the article in Electronics
News, but as I no longer have article in front of me, I can't remember
which issue.

Vince