Archive site

To: antsu@sandra.pp.fi
Subject: Archive site
From: tthorn%hof@hof.daimi.aau.dk (Tommy Thorn)
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 94 13:12 MET
Cc: Multiple recipients of list <riscy@sunsite.unc.edu>
Antti-Pekka Virtanen writes:
 > Hi!
 >
 > I will be making an archive directory for Alpha stuff in
 >
 >      ftp.funet.fi:/pub/misc/alpha
 >
 > where I will be putting all the stuff that is uploaded to
 > ftp.funet.fi:/pub/misc/alpha/incoming
 >
 > All mail considering the archive should be sent to me at: antsu@nic.funet.fi

Thank you for a very good initiative. Make good decisions is all about
having the right information. I've read though most of what's archived
there and must say that by now I'm fully converted from MIPS.

Is it possible to get the a fully assembled EB66 from DEC, and if, at
what price?

I'm a little confused as to what is included on the EB66. For the
Product Brief:

 "PC local bus interface running at 25 to 33 MHz is brought out to
  one dedicated onboard PCI expansion slot for additional I/O devices.
  A second PCI slot is shared with the ISA bus. Connects to the
  following onboard PCI ships:
            ^^^^^^^
   - SCSI controller
   - Ethernet controller
   - PCI to ISA bridge"

So, SCSI and Ethernet is onboard.(?)

 "Frame buffer connector (2) physically in line with one ISA expansion
  slot provides a basis for a high-speed video frame buffer design."

So, full video is not onboard, but requires some unspecified
(undeveloped?) ISA video card.

Is this correctly understood?

/Tommy