Re: 21066 evaluation board info

To: broadley@neurocog.lrdc.pitt.edu, riscy@sunsite.unc.edu
Subject: Re: 21066 evaluation board info
From: antsu@sandra.pp.fi (Antti-Pekka Virtanen)
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 94 19:08 EET
> The paper mentions "Supporting Documentations and Software Tools"
> that are including:

We NEED this!!
At it doesn't cost more than that $50...

>       User docs
>       Sources for Srom, debug rom, example privileged architecture
>               library code (PALcode)

Great!

>       Source develoment tools for NT and OSF/1 platforms
>       Circuit schematics

>       Board artwork
>       Circuit design database compatible with viewlogic powerview 5.1

YES , OH YES !!!!! Just what I hoped it would contain!

>       Able and JEDEC filees for PLD's
>       Hardware design application notes.

Now the only question remains: How can we extract the design documents from
the rest of the tools ? Do you know what media it comes on ? Maybe CD-ROM
that one can easilly mount on any decent *ix machine ?

Greetings, Antti-Pekka

P.S. I think the way to do the pcb is to DIRECTLY use the DEC provided
board artwork. It would make life much easier... and then concentrate
on the software / OS.

--

Antti-Pekka Virtanen            E-mail: antsu@sandra.pp.fi
Arholankuja 3 a 21              Packet: OH1YF@OH1RBU.TKU.FIN.EU

             At the University of Turku : antsu@utu.fi
             BSD/386 Software Archives  : antsu@nic.funet.fi

"If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it,
 we would be so simple we couldn't."