Re: 21066 board (was Wild idea)

To: broadley@neurocog.lrdc.pitt.edu, riscy@sunsite.unc.edu
Subject: Re: 21066 board (was Wild idea)
From: antsu@sandra.pp.fi (Antti-Pekka Virtanen)
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 94 16:46 EET
> I received a fair amount of support email about about the 2106[68] board.
> Much more supportive then the last time I mailed about it.  As a rough
> guess I'd say that an under $1k board should be possible.  Most importantly
> there support from people who can help with the hardware end.

And, it would be of much help if there is a pcb design in electronic form
that we could use directly... (I think the DEC one is available in the
software kit that costs the $50 or so, at least this is what I was told
by the local DEC)

> The current evalution board uses 32 bit simms, L2 cache, video, audio, pci,
> isa, keyboard, serial, parallel, mouse.  Basically everything we could
> want.  I'm not sure we can afford all the above features but we can
> find out how much they will cost.

Sounds like a good design to me :)

Greetings, Antti-Pekka
--

Antti-Pekka Virtanen            E-mail: antsu@sandra.pp.fi
Arholankuja 3 a 21              Packet: OH1YF@OH1RBU.TKU.FIN.EU

             At the University of Turku : antsu@utu.fi
             BSD/386 Software Archives  : antsu@nic.funet.fi

"If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it,
 we would be so simple we couldn't."