21066 prices

To: riscy@sunsite.unc.edu
Subject: 21066 prices
From: Bill Broadley <broadley@neurocog.lrdc.pitt.edu>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 1994 22:53:00 -0500 (EST)
The only solid info I have is:
DECchip 21066-- $385 per unit in quantities of 5,000
DECchip 21068-- $221 per unit in quantities of 5,000.

But it's from September.  I've heard they are cheaper, and shipping in volume.

They have already released a 200 Mhz version of the chip, and I believe the
price will keep dropping as others in the market do (i.e. pentium).

The Chip supports 10 loads on a 33 Mhz pci bus, some video acceleration/vram
support, and L2 support.

The bus speed is 33 Mhz which should mean that the vabrication of the
motherboard based on the schematic I have should not be to tricky.

--
Bill Broadley@{neurocog,schneider3,lrdc5}.lrdc.pitt.edu (in order of preference)