21066 board (was Wild idea)

To: riscy@sunsite.unc.edu
Subject: 21066 board (was Wild idea)
From: Bill Broadley <broadley@neurocog.lrdc.pitt.edu>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 1994 22:47:09 -0500 (EST)
I received a fair amount of support email about about the 2106[68] board.
Much more supportive then the last time I mailed about it.  As a rough
guess I'd say that an under $1k board should be possible.  Most importantly
there support from people who can help with the hardware end.

The following 2 people asked I mail out a copy of our evaluation board

Antti-Pekka Virtanen            Juha Tuominen
Arholankuja 3 a 21              Pikkupiiankatu 3 A 3
FIN-21100 Naantali Finland      SF-33580  TAMPERE
                                FINLAND

I'm not familiar with mailing overseas so the labels will look exactly
like the above.  Please email me if you think they might be wrong.

Anybody else?

It's an inch or 2 thick, I'll visit the copy center monday and the post
office and mail them off.  They will only be useful to the hardware hackers
(i.e. computer printed parts lists, cryptic (to me) descriptions, and a
schematic thats many pages long.)

I'll try to post a parts list on monday so we can get a better idea about
price.

The current evalution board uses 32 bit simms, L2 cache, video, audio, pci,
isa, keyboard, serial, parallel, mouse.  Basically everything we could
want.  I'm not sure we can afford all the above features but we can
find out how much they will cost.

--
Bill Broadley@{neurocog,schneider3,lrdc5}.lrdc.pitt.edu (in order of preference)