Re: PING

To: riscy@sunsite.unc.edu
Subject: Re: PING
From: Jarle.F.Greipsland@idt.unit.no
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 1994 12:32:51 +0100
Cc: andy@waldorf-gmbh.de
Andreas Busse <andy@waldorf-gmbh.de> writes:
ab> Perhaps somebody knows what a "XC1736APD8C" is ??? There's
ab> no explanation in the part list I got from Mips (and there's
ab> obviosly nobody I can ask).

The XC1736APD8C is a 36Kbit serial EPROM from Xilinx Inc.

XC      - Xilinx Corp.
1736    - 17 == serial EPROM family, 36==#Kbits
A       - no programmable reset polarity
PD      - plastic dual-inline package
8       - 8 pins
C       - commercial variant

This is probably for the boot code loading which I think take place on a
few dedicated pins (ModeClock and ModeIn?).

                                        -jarle
----
"People who deal with bits should expect to get bitten."
                                -- Jon Bentley