Re: Ping (fwd)

Subject: Re: Ping (fwd)
From: Peter Holzer <hp@quasi.vmars.tuwien.ac.at>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 93 16:56:31 MET
Subject: Re: Ping
To: tthorn@daimi.aau.dk
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 93 16:52:43 MET

You (Tommy Thorn) wrote:

> I'm a bit worried about porting Linux without some sort of
> coordination with Linus. From what I hear, the (ongoing) m68k
> port hasn't tried to isolate machine dependent parts. Shouldn't
> we/someone contact Linus and the kernel channel (I'm on it)?

Yes definitely. If we don't do this we risc (:-)) creating a branch of
Linux which will evolve away from PC-Linux with more and more
incompatibilities over time. If we stay in touch with Linus, Chances
are good that there will be one Linux with only a few well-defined
machine dependent parts.

> I hope I can afford riscy.

So do I.

        hp

--
   _  | hp@vmars.tuwien.ac.at | Peter Holzer | TU Vienna | CS/Real-Time Systems
| |   |  ...and it's finished!  It only has to be written.
__/   |         -- Karl Lehenbauer