Re: Hideous mailing list software

To: riscy@sunsite.unc.edu
From: Andreas Busse <andy@waldorf-gmbh.de>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 93 09:24:43 +0100
> Is it just me, or is this sort of crap anoying, especially given the number
> of sites with shared mail pools on a large number of systems, where users
> incoming mail addresses don't correspond to where their mail is coming
> from (ie, drew@colorado.edu doesn't go to a real machine), etc?
>

> IMHO, list-serv should be configured like other mailing list servers and
> allow 'non-subscribers' to post to the list, or it should include an
> ALIAS facility allowing it to treat mail from drew@*.colorado.edu
> correctly.

No, it's not only you. I had the same trouble. More painful,
we had subscribed as riscy@waldorf-gmbh.de, a sublist here
at Waldorf (simply an alias for sendmail) to avoid unnessary
traffic. With this stupid, over-secure and #$^&*&% listserver
I couldn't post anymore (see above).
Even more painful, I receive messages now twice (although I
*have* removed me from our sublist !). No, it's not funny.

        Waldorf Electronics GmbH        | Phone:  +49 (0)2636-80294
              R&D Department            | Fax:    +49 (0)2636-80188
Neustrasse 9-12, 53498 Waldorf, Germany | email:  andy@waldorf-gmbh.de