Re: riscy status

To: riscy@SunSITE.Unc.EDU
Subject: Re: riscy status
From: Bill Broadley <broadley@neurocog.lrdc.pitt.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1993 12:04:54 -0500 (EST)
> I think this IS a topic for this group.  It was raised here quite a while ago
> but I can't remember what was the conclusion.  Anyone care to sumrise the
> previous discussion?
>
> Cheers,

I don't see any harm in discussing it, not like anything else is happening
except waiting.

Keep in mind for the very small userbase involved in riscy that we
must have a unified effort to get ANYTHING running.

For us to have a reasonable chance of success we must first get whatever
is easiest/fastest etc ported.  Then worry about alternatives.

>From people who have spent much more time inside kernels and device
drivers say that linux would be the easiest/fastest and thats good enough
for me.

I personally find that strange since I believe bsd already runs on a few
mips machines, but can accept that, besides linux is a cool unix.

--
Bill                                    1st>    Broadley@neurocog.lrdc.pitt.edu
Broadley@schneider3.lrdc.pitt.edu <2nd  3rd>                 Broadley+@pitt.edu