Re: riscy status?

To: riscy@SunSITE.Unc.EDU
Subject: Re: riscy status?
From: Bill Broadley <broadley@neurocog.lrdc.pitt.edu>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1993 14:32:42 -0500 (EST)

> I would disagree.  I believe that, although the 4600 is more expensive,
> the CPU is the hardest part to upgrade.  The extra FLOPS would make a
> difference.
>
>       KsH
>
>From what I hear the 4600 is 60 specint, and 60 specfp +/-, not pin
compatible, and won't be shipping till late next summer.

The 4200 is 55 specint 30 specfp, is sampling now, is pin compatible.

I think unless we want to design our own mothebroard AND wait till
next summer the 4200 is the way to go.

If ya want to upgrade the pc get the 4400 or 4000 pin compatible upgrade.

--
Bill                                    1st>    Broadley@neurocog.lrdc.pitt.edu
Broadley@schneider3.lrdc.pitt.edu <2nd  3rd>                 Broadley+@pitt.edu