MIPS Magnum 4000 parts

To: riscy@pyramid.com
Subject: MIPS Magnum 4000 parts
From: Andreas Busse <andy@resi.waldorf-gmbh.de>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 93 18:28:18 +0200
Sender: owner-riscy@pyramid.com
Here I am again, and my box is still working :-)

I had no time to totally disassemble my machine,
therefore I couldn't identify some of the chips
located under the power supply.

I have found:

- a R4000PC/50 :-)

- handwritten stickers on the prom & and on the Dallas clock
  (one of the first Magnum 4000's ever produced...)

- four Intel chips for the EISA bus:
  2x 82358-33
  2x 82352

- National DP83932 Ethernet controller

- NCR 5390 SCSI controller

- 3 LSI Logic chips (couldn't read part names)
  1 large,
  2 smaller ones,
  perhaps (probably ?) similar to the NEC parts

- a NEC chip N82077 (don't know, FDC ?)

- two more chips, couldn't read part names,
  probably serial/parallel stuff.

Video is on a separate card (INMOS chip).

None of the stuff is on the EISA bus, at least none
of the four EISA slots is used.

The most interesting things are the LSI Logic parts.
I'll try to get informations from LSI, but our contact
isn't very good. Please, can somebody contact LSI and
ask them what support chips they offer for R4000 CPUs ?

Hope this helps a bit...

        Waldorf Electronics GmbH        | Phone:  +49 (0)2636-80294
              R&D Department            | Fax:    +49 (0)2636-80188
Neustrasse 9-12, 53498 Waldorf, Germany | email:  andy@resi.waldorf-gmbh.de