Minimum requirements

To: riscy@pyramid.com
Subject: Minimum requirements
From: Bill Broadley <broadley@neurocog.lrdc.pitt.edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1993 19:15:00 -0500 (EDT)
Sender: owner-riscy@pyramid.com
> The rest of you, too.  What would make you NOT want it?

I want significantly better real world int AND fp price/performance then a
486/66.  I want 32 bit wide access to 1024x768x8 video at 72 hz, either via on
board, or VESA.  Anything else necessary should be available on board or ISA.

To get the real world performance better then a 486/66 with 256k cache may mean
a second level cache.

This may sounds tough but if I'm going to give up the world of pc
software (including the latest linux) I want something to show for it.

--
Bill                                    1st>    Broadley@neurocog.lrdc.pitt.edu
Broadley@schneider3.lrdc.pitt.edu <2nd  3rd>                 Broadley+@pitt.edu