Re: Mips project Go or Wait?

To: riscy@pyramid.com
Subject: Re: Mips project Go or Wait?
From: cyberman@toz.buffalo.ny.us (Cyberman)
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 93 23:45:08 EDT
Comments:
Sender: owner-riscy@pyramid.com
Stephen S M Wong <eerie!hp750a.csc.cuhk.hk!a080700> writes:
> 1) It is R4000PC pin compatible.
>
> 2) The price of Orion will be similar to NEC R4200, and R4000PC will
>    out perform R4200, can we deduce that Orion will out perform R4200?
>
> 3) Even point 2) may not hold, a superior upgrade path exists if we
>    use Orion, ie. replace the CPU on the to be made board by a R4000PC,
>    and get better (at least better than R4200) performance.  WITH THE
>    SAME PRICE (on CPU), why not opt for better upgrade path!

These are all valid reasons.  I suggest  we determine if the "price" is
right.  $700 is NOT bad for what one would be getting however there is
always Something that one misses :)

Cyberman

 "Everything is vanity ..."
"Even a fool looks wise if he keeps his mouth shut"
"A man to his own, is a person left to his own devices"
"Bewary of thinking you are always right, Hitler did"

Cyberman - this is mysig
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
#include <explained.h>
main(int argc, char **argv) { FILE *mess; mess = fopen("life.doc"r);