Mips project Go or Wait?

To: riscy@pyramid.com (Mips 3000)
Subject: Mips project Go or Wait?
From: Bill Broadley <broadley@neurocog.lrdc.pitt.edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1993 02:22:09 -0500 (EDT)
Sender: owner-riscy@pyramid.com
Seems like all we need to decide on what to do about the project is
the price of the 4000 PC and the 4200 PC to decide on which cpu to use,
and the price of parts for the arc 100/150 kits.

I heard the the approximate price of the 4000 PC is about $300.  But I don't
have any distributor contacts to check on a price.

Assuming us and Waldorf can get 50 board purchases together seems like a
good guess would be.

$100            $5000 for the production kits, cpu's, and plans / 50 boards
                (can we get the gerber files for free as mentioned on the list?)
$300            mips 4000 PC or less for a 4200
$100            appropiate size motherboard, drilled etc.
$300            vram, sims slots, support chips (MCT-ADR, 2*MCT-DP), scsi
                support, video support, etc.
$800  for 64 bit 50 Mhz external 100 Mhz internal workstation on a board.

Hopefully it could be alot cheaper.

If we can pin these numbers down we can make a decision an send our checks
to Neil, or Waldorf ,and start the process of getting the boards.

I hate seeing no discusion on the list, I'd hate to see it die.

--
Bill                                    1st>    Broadley@neurocog.lrdc.pitt.edu
Broadley@schneider3.lrdc.pitt.edu <2nd  3rd>                 Broadley+@pitt.edu