Re: Mips Chips from NEC

To: riscy@pyramid.com
Subject: Re: Mips Chips from NEC
From: ronald%csunix.urc.kun.nl@kunrc1.urc.kun.nl (Ronald Schalk)
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1993 09:38:12 +0200 (CET)
Sender: owner-riscy@pyramid.com

> I received the data sheets on the 4000/4400 PC/SC
>
> Here's a quick summary:

<specs of chips deleted>

> The 4400 is around 94 specint and 105 specfp (seperate source)
>
> The 4000 is listed as 62 specint, and 63 specfp.
>
> The 4200 is mentioned in passing:  plastic, 1.5 Watts, 80 Mhz internal clock,
> 55 SPECint92 and 30 SPECfp92.

Do you also have some priceinformation on these things. Maybe it's also
interesting the keep in mind that it would be nice if there are
pin-compatible second-sourced versions available. This could drop the
price within a couple of months, especially because a LOT of sources are
predicting a HUGE rise in sales of R4K chips.

 * ing. Ronald Schalk                                               *
 * sectie COOS                                                      *
 * Universitair Centrum Informatievoorziening (UCI)                 *
 * Katholieke Universiteit Nijmegen (KUN)                           *
 * e-mail : R.Schalk@uci.kun.nl   snailmail: Geert Grooteplein 41   *
 * tel.   : +31 80 617997                    6525 GA Nijmegen       *
 * fax   :  +31 80 617979                    Nederland              *