Re: VESA mips board

To: riscy@pyramid.com
Subject: Re: VESA mips board
From: Andreas Busse <andy@resi.waldorf-gmbh.de>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 93 17:05:28 +0200
Sender: owner-riscy@pyramid.com
Hi Mipsers,

after days of being horribly busy, I tried to gather some
informations about the ARCset chips and the NEC R4200, also
called VrX.

1. The R4200, you won't believe it, is *AVAILABLE NOW*.
   I don't have prices yet, but I will get them soon, probably next week.
2. The ARCset chips are also *AVAILABLE*.
   I will receive documentation next week. Prices coming soon.
3. The "Application Note" for building a workstation
   around the R4x00 is *not* yet available in english
   (currently only in japanese - can someone read this ?),
   but will be end of this year.
4. I've found a very friendly NEC engineer who will give
   me access to all stuff he has in his office. We will
   have a meeting in Mid-August (he's in vacation until then)
   to find out what's usable for us.

Comments ?

        Waldorf Electronics GmbH        | Phone:  +49 (0)2636-80294
              R&D Department            | Fax:    +49 (0)2636-80188
Neustrasse 9-12, 53498 Waldorf, Germany | email:  andy@resi.waldorf-gmbh.de