VESA mips board

To: riscy@pyramid.com (Mips 3000)
Subject: VESA mips board
From: Bill Broadley <broadley@neurocog.lrdc.pitt.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1993 03:33:41 -0500 (EDT)
Sender: owner-riscy@pyramid.com
I just talked to a guy who has some information on a MIPS 4k 50 Mhz VESA board
with 128k (Max 1MB) cache on it and nothing else for $1750.

Kinda slick idea since the VESA bus basically IS the memory bus.

Minimizes cost/design maximizes functionality and reuse of hardware.

Just another FYI.

It seems that the riscy list is just a bit ahead of it's time the MIPS
entry into the PC world seems to be growing daily.

It seems that Acer, Compaq, and Tangent are now selling Mips 4k systems
with on board SCSI and ethernet.

I read the numerous posts from neil and it seemed the $70 mips/nec chip
was a 40/80 Mhz chip???  Anyone got some more info on these up and coming
sub $100 chips?

Anyone going to HOT CHIPS??? I'm going to try...

--
Bill                                    1st>    Broadley@neurocog.lrdc.pitt.edu
Broadley@schneider3.lrdc.pitt.edu <2nd  3rd>                 Broadley+@pitt.edu