Re: NEC Vr4400 and ARC manufacturing kits

To: riscy@pyramid.com
Subject: Re: NEC Vr4400 and ARC manufacturing kits
From: jeremy@sw.oz.au (Jeremy Fitzhardinge)
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1993 13:36:54 +1000 (EST)
Sender: owner-riscy@pyramid.com
Alan Krantz bubbles:

> Three things:
>     1) It seems that the video should be a local bus card instead of
>        on the mother board (given the rapidly changing/availbility) of
>        cheap accelators (S3 boards are now around $130)
>     2) Is the SCSI on the isa bus or main cpu board ?

Video and scsi are on the main board.  Read the list's archives before
commenting further, to save more noise.

>     3) Is anyone porting linux to the Mips chip ?

Yes.  I'm working on it, as much as possible without hardware.  I'm mainly
interested in getting the linux core going: interrupts, MMU and most
basic drivers, leaving most device drivers, user mode stuff etc to later
and for others.