Re: NEC Vr4400 and ARC manufacturing kits

To: riscy@pyramid.com
Subject: Re: NEC Vr4400 and ARC manufacturing kits
From: Bill Broadley <broadley@neurocog.lrdc.pitt.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1993 18:36:20 -0500 (EDT)
Sender: owner-riscy@pyramid.com

> I tried to get some info on the NEC ARC100/150 manufacturing kits, so far
> not many people know about it, even within NEC, one tech support people
> called me back said the manufacturing kits cost $5000. if that true, it
> is a great deal. it consists of:
>
> ARC chip set and CPU, document, ROM, dssign info of:
>  Schematics (soft and hard copy) of Vr4400PC,  Vr4400SC, Vr4400MC mother
> board, Ethernet, serial board, audio/mouse board, video board.
>  Netlist PAL/PLD
>  Binary and source code for Baselevel firmware and Windows NT firmware, HAL
>  System documentation
>  Gerber tapes for five system motherboard.
>
> How do you feel about this board?
>
> -- Youda

Sounds great.  Please post any/all info you get.

Maybe we could get a discount for just one of the motherboard designs.

Or promise to donate the linux port and then they could sell the motherboard
design+linux for 5k.

The key would be getting enough people so that we could split the 5k enough
ways.

I'd love to get a hold of a mips 4k board cheap.   Any ideas on 4400 chip
prices?  4000?

I'd suspect we can't afford more then a mips 4k.

--
Bill                                    1st>    Broadley@neurocog.lrdc.pitt.edu
Broadley@schneider3.lrdc.pitt.edu <2nd  3rd>                 Broadley+@pitt.edu