NEC Vr4400 and ARC manufacturing kits

To: riscy@pyramid.com
Subject: NEC Vr4400 and ARC manufacturing kits
From: Youda He <yhe@eecs.umich.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 93 18:08:46 EDT
Sender: owner-riscy@pyramid.com
I tried to get some info on the NEC ARC100/150 manufacturing kits, so far
not many people know about it, even within NEC, one tech support people
called me back said the manufacturing kits cost $5000. if that true, it
is a great deal. it consists of:

ARC chip set and CPU, document, ROM, dssign info of:
 Schematics (soft and hard copy) of Vr4400PC,  Vr4400SC, Vr4400MC mother
board, Ethernet, serial board, audio/mouse board, video board.
 Netlist PAL/PLD
 Binary and source code for Baselevel firmware and Windows NT firmware, HAL
 System documentation
 Gerber tapes for five system motherboard.

How do you feel about this board?

-- Youda