MIPS R3k simulators

To: riscy@pyramid.com
Subject: MIPS R3k simulators
From: toz!cyberman@acsu.buffalo.edu (Cyberman)
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 93 15:50:52 EDT
Comments:
Uh anyone out there know of an R3k simulator we can run on a PC?

and to the person who is investigating the IDT 3730, when you get the
data sheets, mind scanning them and sending them as a GIF or "FAX" or EPS
file?

As for the display buffer, the question is what price will there be for
using a coprocessor based chipset for display?  IE COST.  The indication
is that it may be SIGNIFICANTLY more.  The quantities we are talking
about may be < 50 chipsets thus the cost may be rather high.  Besides SMT
will be a pain to work with. (grin)

I like the idea of using the IDT 3051 etc simply because  they are PLCC
packages and can be socketed for later upgrade.  However if the R4k is as
cheap as  an R3-3051 clearly that would be a better move.

Cyberman

 "Everything is vanity ..."
"Even a fool looks wise if he keeps his mouth shut"
"A man to his own, is a person left to his own devices"
"Bewary of thinking you are always right, Hitler did"

Cyberman - this is mysig
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
#include <explained.h>
main(int argc, char **argv) { FILE *mess; mess = fopen("life.doc"r);