Re: Jobs to allocate

To: riscy@pyramid.com
Subject: Re: Jobs to allocate
From: tim@ubitrex.mb.ca (Tim Braun)
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 93 17:54:10 CDT
Sender: riscy-request@pyramid.com
I'll volunteer for Keyboard or SCSI.  But I'd like the
data sheet for the 3730.  I've requested the IDT3050/81
information package from IDT.  Does that include information
on the 3730?

We could get 8742's from a licensed Phoenix vendor.  We could
even use PS/2 mouse connections at the cost of a mini-DIN connector
(and EMI protection).

It appears that modern PC keyboard controllers can generate the normal
keyboard interrupt (IRQ1) and a second interrupt (IRQ12).  My guess
is that the second interrupt is for PS/2 mouse communications.

Last I looked there was no PS/2 mouse support in the linux kernel,
so I don't know what that would look like in hardware.

Tim Braun                          |
Ubitrex Corporation                | Voice: 204-942-2992 ext 228
1900-155 Carlton St                | FAX:   204-942-3001
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3C 3H8 | Email: tim@ubitrex.mb.ca