Re: Ethernet stuff

To: riscy@pyramid.com
Subject: Re: Ethernet stuff
From: Steven.D.Ligett@Dartmouth.EDU (Steven D. Ligett)
Date: 09 Jul 93 08:45:37 EDT
Sender: riscy-request@pyramid.com
--- You wrote:
How many numbers will we need for the riscy boards ? 500 ? 1000 ? more ?
--- end of quoted material ---
I think that when you get addreses, you end up with the upper 24 bits
defined, and you do anything you want with the 24 lower bits -- i.e. you get
a block of 16 million addresses.  If my local enquiries come back, I'll
forward info to Andy.  (Unless, again, I screw up a reply and I forward the
info to everyone.)

So far all I've gotten back is confirmation that the IEEE handles it, and
that Dartmouth College has a block, since we manufacture Ethernet cards for
the routers we build.