Re: FDC/UART

To: riscy@pyramid.com
Subject: Re: FDC/UART
From: Carlo J. Calica <calica@cae.wisc.edu>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 93 10:29:30 CDT
Sender: riscy-request@pyramid.com
> SMC FDC37C665
>
> - 765 compatible FDC, able to r/w 2.88 MB floppys
> - Two 16550 UARTS with 16byte send/rec. fifo
> - bidirectional parallel port.
> - IDE Interface
> - comes in a 100pin QFP Package.
>
> Price is around $23 in low quantities (1...10)
>
> What do you think about ?
>
> Andy

I thought the idea was to use a ISA card for the FDC and parallel port.
I'd like to see 16550s on the MB though.  If for anything developent
reasons.  How much is a dual 16550 UART?  If the difference is small use
the SMC FDC37C665. In any case, I'd like IDE available in some for so I
can keep my HD.

--
| Carlo J. Calica               | Linux:  Choice of the GNU Generation  |