Re: Ethernet stuff

To: riscy@pyramid.com
Subject: Re: Ethernet stuff
From: tim@ubitrex.mb.ca (Tim Braun)
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 93 10:09:01 CDT
Sender: riscy-request@pyramid.com
> From: Andreas Busse <andy@resi.waldorf-gmbh.de>
> > One thought occured to me about Ethernet this evening - we will need
> > to get a block of Ethernet hardware IDs.  These will have to be
> > different for every board, and stored in a PLD or EPROM or EEPROM.
> > Someone will have to make sure that there are no conflicts in the
> > addressing scheme.  Anybody ever gotten a block of h/w IDs for
> > ethernet? Got any to spare?
>
> No, unfortunally we haven't some spare adresses. Neil, Pyramid
> build workstations and the like, can you find out how to get
> adresses ?

We have a block of Ethernet addresses.  I'll ask the guy who co-ordinated
their acquisition about what it took to get them.  I don't believe it
was hard.

Tim Braun                          |
Ubitrex Corporation                | Voice: 204-942-2992 ext 228
1900-155 Carlton St                | FAX:   204-942-3001
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3C 3H8 | Email: tim@ubitrex.mb.ca